Friday, February 20, 2009

Shed Love over Evil

To understand the origin of this post, read Backslidden first.

The only way to stand against evil is to release the love of God upon it, for when all is Light, the darkness simply has nowhere left to exist.

In the room that is your soul (mine's rather cluttered with baggage and other objects), let in the Light, that it might shine from every element of your soul (yes, even the Samsonites): submit your mind to be a channel through which He may operate, let go of your will so it can merge with His will, and let your emotions soar with His very presence.

Invite, invite, invite God in: He's been reaching out to you all this time, so all you need to do is reach toward Him and make the connection.


There's a particular Bible I have, an English Standard Version translation, which is very small (smaller than my handprint) and which has traveled with me wherever I've gone for about the past two and a half years. You can tell where the Gospels start because the gold edging is notably faded from that point on and the bookmark's always lying somewhere within that last chunk. Its incredibly soft leather cover has been made smoother and even waterproofed by deeply-melted-in wax from candles by whose light I read and prayed when I had a special place to read and pray.

This is the Bible that makes my hands tingle whenever I touch it. One time when I grasped it, there was this incredible surge of energy that bolted up through my hands and arms, as if it were as hungry to enter into me as I was to enter into it. This is the Bible which somehow, by its presence, soothes away my fears and anxieties -- and that's before I open it and start reading.

This is the book I'm going to keep with me at all times until the enemy is pushed back and away.

Retro me, satanas;
I belong to Jesus,
So you can go back to hell.


And a real verse, Psalm 40:11-14 (ESV)

11 As for you, O Lord, you will not restrain
your mercy from me;
your steadfast love and your faithfulness will
ever preserve me!

12 For evils have encompassed me beyond number,
my iniquities have overtaken me, and I cannot see;
they are more than the hairs of my head; my heart fails me.

13 Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me!
O Lord, make haste to help me!

14 Let those be put to shame and disappointed altogether
who seek to snatch away my life;
let those be turned back and brought to dishonor
who desire my hurt!


Post a comment below or email:
karyos@rocketmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment